Thursday, March 17, 2011

Become a Mentor

Today, I decided to become a Micro Mentor. I am already signed up for the Boston University alumni program. It puts my name on a website and allows BU grads to contact me to ask questions about the entertainment industry or starting out in New York. I decided to sign up for that program because I wouldn't be where I am today without the generosity of a few women who helped me while I was starting out. They took the time to meet with me, allowed me to ask questions and helped guide me in the right direction. I was raised with the knowledge that it's important to remember where you came from and to give back when you can. I thought that the Micro Mentor program through Mercy Corps would be a great fit.

It's pretty easy to sign up - just go to MicroMentor.org. Decide if you'd like to have a mentor or be a mentor. Fill out the easy steps and wait to hear back.

I'll keep you posted to let you know how it goes.

Will you consider giving back as well?
Thanks
Alicia




No comments: