Friday, April 15, 2011

Double Duty Gifts

Ever wonder what to buy someone? Sometimes it's hard to pick especially when you know that person has everything they want. I try to make gifts personal. If I see something throughout the year, I'll pick it up and put it away until that person's birthday or Christmas arrives. However, even with all of this planning, sometimes I get stumped and am left with the question - do you buy a generic gift? What do you do?

Well, The Breast Cancer Site has a section called Gifts that Give More. On this page, you will find a variety of gifts that help a person struggling with cancer, that provide food and care to hungry animals or that give support to children in need. It's a great resource to visit if you are looking for gifts or even if you just want to help.

I went on the site today deciding what I wanted to get (for Jess's birthday - shhhh, don't tell her), and I saw a new tab to help with Japanese earthquake relief.

On the page, it said the following: 100% of your donation will go to emergency assistance and recovery for victims of the Japan earthquake, tsunami, and aftermath as a grant through GreaterGood.org. GreaterGood Network stores do not receive any profit from donations through this Gift That Gives More™; we bring it to you in the spirit of the greater good. We even pay the credit card transaction fee, so every cent of your donation goes to charity.

I thought this would be a win-win for Jess. So please check out the page, and think about a double duty gift.
Let me know what you decide.

Thanks!
Alicia




We are producing a video with Mercy Corps targeting how you can help this disaster, but until that time - please see our video below about the Gifts that Give More program.

No comments: